The Components of the Hive Beekeepers Starter Kit
- 10 CAB Hives (Latest Version of Langstroth Model for the African bee)
- foundation sheets for the 10 CAB hives.
- 1 Bee Suits (The Hive Brand)
- 2 pairs of gloves
- 1 Smoker (The Hive brand)
- 1 Hive tool
- 1 Stainless steel Extractor (Hive Brand)
- 1 Bee Brush (Hive brand)
- 1 Uncapping forks
- A pair of strainers for sieving extracted honey.
The CAB Hive (Latest version of the Langstroth Beehive for Africa Bees).
- The wood seasoned to 13% moisture content to provide long life for the CAB hive. All the hive timber is kilned/dried at temperatures of 60 – 70 degrees for 72 hours before the manufacturing of the CAB hives
- All the joints of the Brood box and supper box are of dovetail or flat type. Minimize use of nails on the CAB hive.
- Able to withstand different kinds of weather i.e. Very hot, cold, humid
- Capacity to produce more than 10kgs/harvest and can harvest for a minimum of 6 times in a year.
- Compatible with conventional which have provision for bee food and water.
- Strong and effective adjustable doors to lock the bees inside during re-location or transportation.
- The frames are professionally finished well with quality eyelets.
- Frame wires are all stainless quality that can easily be adjusted with a Convertible: can be transported un-assembled and then assemble in the field.
- The CAB hive is fixed with lockers to hold the bottom board of the brood box, brood box to the queen excluder, queen excluder to the supper.
- The Hive is carefully spray painted with transparent paint on the outside to protect from rains and other sources of wetness
- The bottom board is independent.
- Has a temperature regulation board placed under the cover.
- The cover is ventilated on the sides to allow exit of hot air.
- The CAB Hives are very easy to clean.
- The top cover is also assembled using dovetail or flat joints and finished with a tin plate with provisions for air circulation and suitable chimney on the inner cover.
- The handles are grooved on the brood box and on the supper.
- Both the Brood and super/honey storage boxes are completed with 10 frames each.
Reasons for the CAB Hive Choice from the Hive Limited:
1. Hive Limited guarantees 20 years of life span of CAB hive with good maintenance
2 Standardized dimension to fit in the conventional bee feeders – which is key in reducing unnecessary absconding/migration of bees from bee hives.
4.The CAB hive enables easy routine in terms of hygiene, Bee colony inspection, and overall handling of the bees with minimum disturbance.
5. Customized bee space for the African bee, allowing easy movement of the bees inside the CAB hive. This reduces stress and the wastage of bee working time.
6. Standardized dimension to fit conventional screen taps. is a medicinal hive product which The Hive limited will buy from the farmers after training them on how to harvest.
7. Suitability in African bee Research especially when using spy cameras and working cards inside the darkness of the hive.
8. An Independent temperature regulation board which helps maintain a habitable environment for the bees while inside the hive.
9. This particular board in the CAB hive is perfectly designed with a special heat exit at the center to allow excess warm air to leave the hive through the cover vents. At the same time during the cold season, the bees easily regulate the size of the heat exit on this board within less than 3 hours, this keeps the hive warm.
10. Standardized landing board at the CAB hive entrance enabling the bees to comfortably get into the Hive without losing pollen or collision of the bees as they get in and out of the hive. The landing boards are designed as an extension of the floor board which is highly useful when attaching the pollen trap together with the pollen collecting trays on to the hive entrance.
11. A queen excluder made of wood, which makes the CAB hive totally organic, rust free and gives the bees a near natural environment. This cannot be found in queen made of metal, wire or plastic.
12. The Handles of the CAB hive grooved on the sides to limit wastage of space, especially during transportation or commercial handling and storage of the hives.
13. Standardized dimensions of the CAB hive to allow perfect fitting of the bee escape accessory when needed, especially in minimizing the use of smoke during harvesting.
- Made of stainless steel.
- With a heat resistant heat guard which keeps the beekeeper safe from accidental burns.
- 10 cm diameter
- Plastic air pump which is easy to clean and replace its parts
- Fitted with a storage hook
- Fitted with a beekeepers pen holder
- The smoke mouth able to keep the smoke on straight line for 15cm before spreading even in times of high winds.
- Burns for long period and conserves smoker fuel.
- Ability to fit the smoker furnace inside if required.
NB: We also have electric smokers for those who may prefer – The electric power replaces the need for the air bellow because the air is blow through the smoker furnace by a fan.
Beekeepers protective Suit (The Hive Brand)
- Made of strong cotton material
- White in color (friendly for bees to minimize unnecessary attacks and easy to monitor cleanliness).
- Different types of hoods/hats and properly engineered to keep the face net at least 5cm from the face to keep bees a distance from the face.
- With Right hand chest and waist side pockets to hold beekeepers hand tools conveniently the main suit at the shoulders.
- The hood/hat is completed with a zip to run round the neck and simply
- Gloves made from skin and soft/flexible to operate maximum protection.
- Gloves well tailored into a white cotton piece which is finished with a flexible rubber to hold tightly to the mail suit hand sleeves.
- Expandable waist to fit different body sizes.
- Both hand and leg sleeves completed with rubber to hold tight not to allow any passage of bees.
The Hive tool (The Hive Brand)
- Engineered with a on one end for ease penetration frames with sticky The end is designed sharp for cutting through the
propolisor wax repairs such as cutting away old wax remains or unwanted wax constructions by the bees etc.
- With a sharp bent rear end for frames, cleaning and harvesting
propolisfrom the hives.
- With a nail remover, hole in the handle side which is useful during times of hives repairs.
- The hole also is also the point where the storage hook holds in store.
- Painted red on the handle side to make it easy to find when dropped or misplaced during or out of operation.
- Light and easily portable during inspections (convenient to carry in the bee suit pocket).
Stainless steel double sieve (The Hive Brand)
- Specifically for beekeepers.
- All parts made of stainless steel
- With a size adjustable handle to fit into different honey bucket sizes.
- Two (2) sieves in one. The round, flat sieve is to trap larger particles of was while the round deep one is to trap any fine residues of wax during honey processing.
- Ability to hold about 5 kilograms of honey at any one time.
- Easy to clean and store
Uncapping fork (The Hive Brand)
Made of stainless steel
The forks are bent to reduce wax cell damage and minimize honey
- The handle is made of food grade plastic
- The uncapping
forkis easy to clean with just hot water
. Foundation wax sheets
- Processed from fresh African bees wax.
- The wax sheets are professionally done with the water cooled machine.
- Well fitting on the hive frames
- Attractive to bees and in most cases giving a
resultsof 70% hives colonies occupation in less than 45days for newly installed hives.
- The foundation cells exactly fitting for the Africa bees, giving the bees a very fast way of establishing the cells for brood and honey storage
Practical Training Seminar ( On request)
- A whole day of practical training with experienced Company Trainers.
Interact directly with bees for a whole day and learn all the topics for a beginner
Understanding the potential in Africa’s beekeeping business.
- Exposure to other bee products such as pollen, royal jelly,
propolisand wax importance
- Learning safety precautions on how to keep bees busy doing their work and without interruptions with human activities.
- Record keeping for the beekeepers
- The Hive Company offers market for all the honey from its clients.
- This is because the company trains its farmers on the professional method of keeping bees and harvesting honey in the best hygienic way.
For more Info: Call 07025516315/08124949468
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org